Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
Brompton Junction is our retail brand flagship in key strategic cities around the world. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience. We ensure that Brompton Junction is a great place to shop, spend time and be a part of.
Currently our retail network is embarking on an exciting global expansion plan and we are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join our team. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience.
You will deliver the company objectives for growth and development of the brand through the in-store experience. We are looking for an experienced manager who will inspire and develop the store team to meet sales targets and deliver an exceptional customer experience. With an ambitious and dynamic nature, you must have a strong sense of initiative to optimise store performance whilst engaging with the local store community.
• Lead by example and develop all team members to offer best in class customer experience.
• Maintain in-store expertise of Brompton products and brand communications.
• Build brand advocacy through community events to retain customer loyalty.
• Maintain a store environment in line with brand expectations including VM, housekeeping and team grooming standards.
• Promote the store through Brompton social platforms to communicate key brand messages customer engagement and advocacy.
• Motivate the team to deliver great performance through individual and team coaching, recognising and rewarding success.
• Take ownership for the in-store recruitment and induction process for new starters.
• Identify individual training needs and ensure all members of the team are trained to a consistent level in both customer service and store operations.
• Ensure that you always take care of yours and others health and safety, complying with legal obligations and ensure that all employees are thoroughly trained in the H&S procedures.
• Empower team to respond to customer complaints in a professional manner, attempting to resolve in store and escalating to head office if appropriate.
Reporting and business development
• Report on performance as required.
• Seek and develop knowledge about competitor activity in the local area, communicating this to relevant departments in Brompton, and identifying opportunities to promote the store.
• Accountability for P&L performance and identify opportunities to improve store profitability.
• Identify and own solutions for risks or improvement opportunities to the store or the wider business.
• Communicate any people, operational, commercial issues to the Global Retail Operations Assistant as appropriate.
• Store Operations:
• Manage all aspects of store security in accordance with company policy and procedure including staff, cash, stock, IT and buildings.
• Manage stock levels through effective ordering and maximise availability by liaising with logistics and sales operations.
• Optimise conversion through effective merchandising and presentation of the store.
• Ensure stock counts are carried out accurately as requested.
• Ensure all till and stock management operations are carried out to correctly to ensure stock and cash accuracy.
From time to time, you may be required to carry out additional duties that fit within your strengths.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a global branded retail environment in a management role
• Driven by commercial success
• A good standard of literacy and numeracy skills
• Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
• Ability to coach and give feedback effectively
• Assertive, confident communication and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
• Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
• Able to coach and give feedback effectively
• Ability to adapt to frequent change with flexible approach to achieve goals and tasks; demonstrates initiatives for continuous business improvement
• A strong sense of responsibility and desire to get things done properly
• Previous experience in business reporting
• Passionate about the Brompton brand and customer experience
• Passionate about learning and encouraging others to succeed
• Warm, friendly and engaging personality
• Outstanding professionalism
• Outstanding loyalty and commitment to the business
• Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement.
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Fluent in English and Dutch
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment.
Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too).
Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events.
20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us.
If you feel that you fit within the Brompton team spirit and you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please email your CV and covering letter to the Brompton People Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.