“Are you our new Ascend Manager and do you love to work for an International brand?”
Trek Bicycle Corporation is the world leader in bicycle products and accessories with over 1800 employees worldwide. Trek is dedicated to building bikes for the riders who inspire us, from the world’s greatest cyclist to the kid next door. That drive for new ideas and passion for building and selling bikes made us expand rapidly. TREK has several offices in the United States, Asia and Europe. The sales office for the Benelux together with some staffing functions are located in Harderwijk and our main European Warehouse is in Wijchen. Currently we are looking for a new fulltime colleague.
As Ascend Manager your mission is to establish and grow our business in your market. Using your available resources and the help of your teammates and business partners, you’ll get Ascend into as many Trek retailers as possible. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone to maximize their utilization of our systems and services.
As Ascend Manager you will be based at the Trek Benelux office in Harderwijk, The Netherlands and you will report to the Global Ascend Manager with a dotted line to the Benelux Country Manager.
Assist in rolling out Ascend in Belgium and The Netherlands:
- Design and implement a strategic business plan to launch and expand Ascends customer base and ensure its strong presence in Belgium and The Netherlands.
- Ensure Ascend is promoted across the Trek organization as a great tool for customers.
- Translate the software into French and Dutch.
- Make sure the software is fulfilling all the countries specific legal/tax requirements.
- Indicate other needs from the Benelux markets for the best Point of Sale system.
Coordinate sales of Ascend and related products and services to retailers:
- Conduct demos and prepare quotes and contracts for prospective customers.
- Place orders for computers, peripherals and supplies.
- Coordinate payment of suppliers and invoicing of retailers.
Coordinate Ascend installation and support:
- Schedule and coordinate installation projects.
- Coordinate coverage to maintain service level standards for phone, e-mail and emergency support.
- Insure all customers contacts are logged and properly classified in our CRM system.
- Proactively monitor CRM cases to identify technical and customer issues.
- Help maintain our reference documentation and our customer master database.
- Maintain a catalog of local vendor product lists.
- Maintain your local website, publish dealer support materials and assist with translations as needed.
Assist the Ascend Global Development Team:
- Insure that your retailers stay up to date on the latest versions of Ascend.
- Assist with development of requirements and testing of country specific programming changes.
- Log ideas and requests for program improvements.
- Assist with the translation of new screens, menus and prompts and supporting user materials.
- Attend regular updates with the Ascend Global Director and the Global Product Manager.
- Interview and hire new employees as required and coordinate their training.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and publish monthly business reports.
- Must be fluent in English to communicate with Ascend Global Teams.
- Must be fluent in Dutch and French to communicate with local staff and retailers.
- Must have great project management skills.
- Ideal candidates should have bike shop sales and customer service experience, basic PC and networking aptitude, knowledge of regulatory and tax requirements and experience working in a cycling retail environment with Point of Sales systems.
- Periodic travel to Trek’s U.S. headquarters and within Belgium and The Netherlands will be required.
- On-call support will be required on a rotational basis.
How to apply:
Please send your resume with motivational letter before the 20th of January to HR_Bikeurope@trekbikes.com