The Product Manager is responsible for owning and driving results for a portfolio of electronics products, ensuring a profitable and growing product solution portfolio. This position is responsible for product strategy, product planning, product line positioning, and product life cycle management for the assigned portfolio supporting G.P.S’s leadership position and continued growth in the dynamic Internet of Things and Electronic Locking space. Focus will be on the customer experience, competitive environment and overall direction of technology in the space working collaboratively with multiple functions such as engineering, marketing, sales, manufacturing and sourcing to deliver the desired customer experience and maximize the growth, development and return on investment of the business portfolio. The position is oriented towards revenue growth, innovation, tech industry interaction, consumer experience, strategy creation and project delivery.
- Own Product Line Strategy & Life Cycle Management
o Develop and maintain GPS product line strategy, including the product solution roadmap.
o Engage in long range plan development and yearly operating plan for the global action sports product portfolio to drive growth in line with company and brand expectations.
o Ensure continual alignment of strategy with upper management and functional leaders and cross-functional peers
o Communicate and drive implementation of the strategy throughout the organization and partner 3rd parties.
o Acts as Main Link to Manufacturing organization and is key stakeholder in manufacturing location decisions
o Drive innovation as an active team member on development projects:
- Represent customer & consumer point-of-view
- Own project scope, business case, and pricing
- Understand technical solutions and provide feedback/guidance as needed
- Drive Organic Growth.
o Responsible for hitting annual plan objectives for revenue, reporting out on a monthly basis
o Develop and implement pricing strategies to drive growth.
o Work closely with Sales and Channel Marketing to drive plan and identify incremental revenue opportunities.
o Act as Business Developer seeking out and developing new customers and routes to market
- In-Depth Market Understanding.
o Command an immersive knowledge of the Consumer, Dealer, Distributor and OEM – understanding their needs and perceptions through research and direct conversations.
o Understand and plan strategy to factor in Market Trends, inclusive of technology and design trends.
o Track and predict Competitor activity and value proposition, and reflect in strategic product solution roadmap
o Understand the needs of our Channel Partners – understanding the value we provide
o Work closely with Brand Managers and other key stakeholders to ensure their brands needs are understood and represented in the global portfolio strategy
- Leadership and Engagement.
o The Electronic Security Product Manager will be a highly visible leader in the company, with the following skills:
- Succinctly and confidently articulate strategy and direction
- Balance being the decision-maker and team player
- Manage expectations, both up and down the organization
- Synthesize multiple internal and external inputs and formulate a strategic direction
- Ability to engage the organization and advocate for the product solution strategy.
- Ability to manage priorities; good time-management skills.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate across multiple organizational functions.
- Lead delivery of specific projects by managing both directly and through influence with all team members
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or technical discipline required; MBA is preferred
- Proven strategic planning ability and track record of supporting profitable business growth.
- Proven track record of conceptualizing and executing new product launches.
- Technical knowledge sufficient to sustain strategic competence in our defined areas
- Enthusiasm, knowledge and affinity for Bicycle industry
- Understanding of Urban mobility solutions including E-bike and Bike Rental platforms
- Strong business and financial acumen (including understanding of ROI, P&L Makeup, cost structures, budgets, etc.)
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to lead effectively across functions (operations, engineering, sales, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to travel up to 33%
Please, contact Asma Lijassi if you are interested by the role
+33 6 80 74 88 47